The Intercity Hotel Hannover is a new and modern hotel, with a great location, right next to the main shopping street, and main train station. In fact, the German Karstadt department stores are located right across. It was built only a couple of years ago, and I stayed there when it had just opened, and again for CeBIT 2015. It is highly recommended for the business visitor, because of the superb location, and for anyone who wants to walk little. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. If you’re on a budget, the “Subway” sandwich franchise is round the corner, where you can get huge freshly-made sandwiches.
There are 3 kinds of rooms: “Standard”, “Business”, and “Business Plus.” All rooms have flat-screen LCD TVs with satellite channels, a mini-bar, free Wi-Fi. The “Business Plus” rooms have a kettle to make your own tea or coffee, and also some other advantages like free phone calls or (up to 10 euros) or 1 hour internet, free beverages from the mini-bar, etc.
InterCity Hannover Hotel Review (March 2015)
The Intercity Hotel Hannover has received four points out of five, on the Tripadvisor website, although I would definitely give it more than that. This is what people are saying:
- Fantastic location: Everyone agrees that the location is great, right next to the main train station, the shops, the main street, etc. No looking for directions, everything’s right there.
- Friendly staff: Polite, friendly, cheerful, hardworking, and spoke a high level of English.
- Clean rooms and nice bathrooms. The bathrooms had plenty of gel to wash hands, face, hair. Something new that I noticed, is that before you pull the flush, you have to put the seat down, because the button was right behind.
- Breakfast: Excellent variety in buffet breakfast (13 euros). Hot German sausages, omelettes, fried peppers, dozens of teas and other beverages to choose from. Breakfast time is punctual, so after ten o’clock you won’t be able to have breakfast, not even a glass of water.
- Room tips: Some guests recommend requesting a room at the back of the hotel, because they say it is quieter, and there is no early morning noises of street cleaners, delivery vans, etc. My room was facing the front, on the first floor, and there was no noise of any kind from outside. Windows had to be kept closed due to the cold, so I guess it really doesn’t matter during the winter.
- FreeCity travel tickets are given to guests. For 2015 these were a godsend, because public transport was not included with the CeBIT tickets. So, when I got to the hotel, I was very happy when I checked in and got this free bus and train pass, valid during the days I was staying at the hotel. The only train ticket I had to buy was the one from the airport to the main train station, before I got to the hotel.
- Free Wi-Fi: It’s maximum speed is limited to “up to 256 KB/s, and the bandwidth really depends on how many people are connected at the same time. If you require a faster connection (which you probably will), you have to pay extra (6 euros per day). During my stay, the free Wi-Fi in the room was good enough to read e-mails and answer WhatsApp messages.
- Free football TV Channels (Sky Sports). If you like football (soccer) then you will be really happy. I watched the UEFA Champions League matches till 3 a.m.! The flat TV isn’t too big, but it was good enough.
- Allergic guests: You can request cotton bed covers, if you are allergic. I did it, and got them! Very happy as I have a skin allergy!!!
- Big safe to put valuables and other goodies you buy from exhibitors at the show
Overall it was a very positive stay, and I would like to thank the manageress Claudia (who was seen supervising the staff every day) for maintaining the high standards of the hotel.
How to Get to Intercity Hotel Hannover
The easiest and cheapest option is to take the train from the airport, and get off at the main train station. This hotel is located nearby, and is a 5 minute walk (about 100 meters away). When you come out of the station, and look towards the right, you will see the hotel. Make sure you come out from the main exit/entrance, where you will see a big square, and not from the back exit.
Intercity Hotel Hannover Contact details:
30159 Hanover Germany
Phone: +49 511 169921-0
Fax: +49 511 169921-200