My name is Sunil, and I’m totally addicted to visiting CeBIT Hannover. I have worked in various companies, as a purchasing and sales manager, and currently have my own computer accessories small business, based in the Canary Islands, Spain. If you want to contact me, ask questions, and share gossip, join my CeBIT Facebook group.
My visit is carefully planned, many months before the Hannover technology show actually starts. Once there, I really enjoy attending the trade show, and looking at the latest gadgets.
The 5 Things That Make Me Happy Before CeBIT Hannover
- Bargain 1: Finding a bargain price in a centrical Hannover hotel.
- Bargain 2: Spotting a bargain flight ticket.
- Market tendencies: Checking out product tendencies online in shows like IFA in Berlin, and CES in Las Vegas.
- Break: Breaking away from the routine, and considering the break a vacation, adds excitement to the daily business routine.
- Fair plan: Planning the hall and booth routes is fun.
The 5 Things That Make Me Happy During CeBIT Hannover
- German organization: Looking at how well organized the show is can be surprising for people from southern Europe. These guys have done it for decades, and keep re-inventing themselves.
- Finding booths and items: If at the end of the first day I’ve found the booths on my list, and found some exciting items, I can be really happy, because the trip has been worthwhile.
- 3 o’clock sit-down lunches: The late lunch in hall 17 when everyone else has gone means quicker service and calmness to eat and chat. Being able to sit down in a chair, and have food brought to you is something that is really appreciated, especially when a person is exhausted by walking around the fairground for many hours.
- Shopping: Life at CeBIT Hannover wouldn’t be fun, without being able to shop for samples. In many cases you may have to request the exhibitor to bring them especially for you.
- Surprises: Walking around the fairgrounds, one can see live performances of singers. You can also come across small shows in booths that one would never think had to do with a trade show.
The 5 Things That Make Me Happy After CeBIT
- Weight loss: I think next year I will try the Runtastic pedometer and see how much I walk. One doesn’t really notice how much walking is done. The excitement numbs the foot pain, until you reach home. I come back and ask myself how I was able to walk so much, when I usually take the car or bus to go 2 km away in my town. How did I bare the foot pain on the first day?
- Reflection: One thinks about the great things seen there, and which ones will be successful. Which item from the hundred I saw, shall I offer my customers ?
- Customer reactions: If the customers find the product samples and catalogs exciting, I start smiling.
- Product success: If customers order, and then place repeat orders of the items, life is great!
- Next CeBIT: Planning for the next CeBIT starts 3 weeks after coming home. Not many people realize this, but this is the time to book. Hotel owners haven’t loaded the fair rates in the different online hotel reservation platforms.
Out of the few items I pick every year, one or two are successful on my market. It is these winners that keep me returning to CeBIT Hannover, year after year. If I can do it, so can everyone else, so come enjoy the show!