Looking for great CeBIT exhibitors (and products to sell) is difficult if you don’t plan ahead. When you arrive at the exhibition, you will see thousands of exhibitors. Covering all of them is impossible to do in a couple of days. I use a simple, straightforward, common sense approach, to choose what CeBIT exhibitors to meet:
- Go to the official Cebit.de website.
- Input the keywords of what you’re looking for, e.g. “iPhone,” and see what shows up.
- Check out each product and/or exhibitor that turns up in the search results of the Cebit page.
- If you are still interested, visit their website, and see what else they have.
- Go back to the CeBIT website and write down the hall and booth number in your notebook, if their products look fantastic.
- Visit them, and keep meetings short (less than 15 minutes).
Why I Hate Making Appointments with CeBIT Exhibitors
I really hate making appointments with exhibitors before visiting CeBIT, unless I’m already dealing with them, or their name is “Samsung” or “Apple.” It is rare that a supplier is busy all the time, so an appointment is really not necessary, just a little bit of patience. During that time, you can browse neighbouring stalls. Here are the main reasons:
- It adds stress: You enter the show and start walking towards the booths on the list. If you see something interesting on the way, you can stop, look around, and do a casual chat with the sales people. If you have too many appointments, you will be running from one booth to another, and missing potential opportunities.
- Misguiding product images: An exhibitor’s company and products may look great on the website, but when you see them for real, you can get disappointed. Booking an appointment, and then telling the exhibitor in his face that his products don’t look good, is not a nice thing to do.
- Waste of time. Formal meetings, where you sit down, take longer than informal meeting (where you can say “hi!” and meet standing). There is plenty of time, to discuss terms and prices, before, and after the show.
What halls to visit
It all really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for fast selling consumer goods, then without a shade of a doubt, you will need to visit the Reseller Planet, and inside it, the GSM Exchange zone, where you will find mobile phone dealers, with the latest products.