People keep asking me why to attend CeBIT every year ? They ask me if I’m addicted or what. I try to explain to them, that it is a very exciting experience, and even recommend it to my customers. It brings back the child in me, and I treat it is a vacation! There is a lot going on, concentrated in just a few days, so, even if you can’t make it every year, it is worth attending. The first thing you really need to ask yourself is, “Am I happy as things are, or do I really need to find new products?”
Why to Attend CeBIT 2016 (for Businesspeople) as a Visitor: 10 Reasons
- It’s a great place to meet people all in one place. You can meet old friends, or colleagues in one place. It’s great to share gossip with friends in other countries, who will openly tell you what is selling well, in their own country, or the direction where their market is heading towards.
- Best place to see market tendencies and new products.
- Let’s you break away from the daily business routine and think better. If you treat it as a holiday, you will live and breath CeBIT, and get the maximum out of the show.
- Great place to see singers and other artists performing live, and still be doing your job.
- You can meet exhibitors from places that are far away, like China and Taiwan, that will proudly present you with their products. Some of them have paid thousands of euros, and travelled thousands of kilometers to meet people like you and I. Most of them speak English, so it makes things a lot easier.
- You can buy, or check out samples, on the spot. Then, take them home, and test them.
- You can analyze if the exhibitor has a decent packaging, for the European market, and ask quick questions, face to face.
- You can get a new job, and meet employers in person. An easy option is to represent a company that’s exhibiting at CeBIT, for your territory.
- You can find investors for your startup company.
- You can sit down, enjoy, and get yourself motivated by attending the conferences by world visionairy leaders like Steve Wozniak, and many others, every year.
I hope that clarifies your doubts, and motivates you to visit the show. Sometimes, even if you don’t find anything that you find interesting, you make the right contacts. Then, after 6 months, when someone asks you for a specific product, all you have to do, is take out the business cards you picked up, and phone the person you met at the show. So that’s another reason I tell people why to attend CeBIT.