If you can’t think of reasons to visit the show, here are a few real life examples of CeBIT goals for visitors, which you could of thought of, for the 2014 show. I did find plenty of suppliers with which I exchanged views during, and after the fair. It’s important to have various goals, to come back happy, in case you were unable to find the right match for one or two of your goals.
Real Life Examples of CeBIT Goals
I’m looking for a manufacturer or trader that can supply:
- tablet chargers in multi-lingual blister packaging
- Micro SD cards for mobile phones in nice retail packaging and is willing to supply small quantities
- silicone cases for Samsung Galaxy S5 in nice retail packaging for a price of under USD 1.00
- high quality leather cases for Samsung Galaxy S5 with nice packaging, in pink or red colors for women, for under USD5.00
- a machine that allows me to print my customers’ designs (that don’t smudge easily) on the back of a blank plastic case for various telephone models. Also, I also want a software that lets customers design their own case online.
- a rugged laptop bag that I can give away for free with every laptop I sell in my shop. Maximum cost: 3€
- a GSM device that can go hidden in the hoods of cars. In case the car is stolen, the owners can send an SMS message and immediately receive another, with the GPS co-ordinates, which they can check on a map on their smartphone.
- anti-theft devices for mobile phones, tablets, laptops.
- external battery packs with digital screens that indicate the capacity left. They must have a capacity above 10.000 mAh.
- 128Gb and 256Gb USB drives for the best price so that I can add 25% margin on the cost, and still be cheaper than the competition in my city.
- items I sell at my shop, at a much reduced cost, so that I break the market price. Looking to import directly from the manufacturer.
- a machine that destroys hard disk drives so that no one can ever recover the data. Physical destruction of hard disk drives is required by some government agencies for sensitive data.
- unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 terminals for under €190
I am looking for software/ storage solutions for consumers that can:
- Supply software that allows me to track my online store’s prices and compare them with the competition’s prices every day, so I always have the best price
- an anti-virus company that sells me a master license for my area, that I can bundle with the desktop and laptop computers that I sell to my customers. Final cost has to be under €3 per license.
- Supply antivirus and other security software for Android phones
- Enable me to buy storage space in the cloud according to my requirements
- Enable me to set up my own online backup solution using a third party white label solution, and I must make sure the servers are located in my own country or countries allowed by my local country laws.
I am looking for designers or programming companies
- from which I can outsource the design and content writing of WordPress websites.
- That can develop and online store for me that sells downloadable products such as custom designed themes and plugins for WordPress, designed by the same company.
- That can supply virtual assistants to set up a 24 hour service to solve problems of website owners who don’t know programming, etc.
- that can design a website similar to “Groupon” for under €500.
- Supply writers that can fill my online shop website with useful content that attracts visitors from search engines, at a fraction of what I would pay in Europe.
- Supply an assistant that can update my online store (add and remove products) for under €20/day.
- Supply an out-of-the-box online travel agency software that requires minor design customization.
I’m sure that these examples of CeBIT goals will help you set your own, adapted to your own market. For 2015 I expect to see many selfie stick suppliers, but I’m not sure whether the sale of this product will still stay strong.